Some of Our Argentina Holiday Ideas
Highlights of Argentina - Cities, Glaciers, Waterfalls & Wineries
- Cosmopolitan Buenos Aires
- The Perito Moreno glacier
- Wonderous Iguazu Falls
- Ethereal Patagonia
- Vibrant Buenos Aires
- Experience Iguazu Falls, a natural wonder of the world
- Spot abundant wildlife in the Ibera Wetlands
- Spectacular Wildlife in Valdes Peninsula
Splendours of Patagonia
- Atmospheric Buenos Aires
- Mighty Perito Moreno Glacier
- Peaceful Lake Nahuel Huapi
- Torres del Paine National Park
Best Time To Visit Argentina
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT -3 hours
Why visit Argentina?
There is an endless world to discover in Argentina. In Buenos Aires, you’ll find a world class city that runs on al fresco Tango dancing and steak, straight from the parilla. Try world class beef straight from the BBQ or explore more of Argentina’s award winning kitchen, which offers grilled baby goat; savoury or sweet empanadas and fine wines straight from the Mendoza vineyards. Finally, when you need to escape, saddle up and ride off into the sunset with some Argentine gauchos.
For outdoor adventures, Argentina is simply spectacular. Roam the Sierra Chicas foothills, or venture into the awesomely diverse Patagonia region. You can even use Argentina as a place from which to launch an expedition into the frozen wonders of Antarctica.
Passionate cities and ranch life
The vibrant capital Buenos Aires is most people’s starting and ending point. Wander the avenues of the colourful La Boca district to try an impromptu Tango. Or sink your teeth into Argentina’s carnivorous side in one of the many steak restaurants. But don’t just stick to the city. On the outskirts of Cordoba, in the country’s heartland, you’ll find Argentinean cowboy culture alive and well on the Estancias. Ride out with the gauchos into the foothills of Sierra Chicas to see how the award-winning cattle are reared. And then sit back, grab a glass of red wine and enjoy dinner ranch-style.
From glaciers to deserts
For outdoor adventures there are few better playgrounds than Patagonia. The last slip of land before Antarctica, here you’ll find snowcapped mountains and plunging ice crusted lakes. Jump on a Zodiac boat, dodge ice floes and the odd inquisitive sea lion or Magellan Penguin to get within touching distance of bright blue glaciers. For warmer climes strap on your desert boots and head north. Welcome to the lesser-visited tawny-red lunar landscape of Quebrada de Humahuaca. Zip around the diving gorges and jagged mountain passes in a 4WD, before climbing up to the crafted clay stone of Cerro de los Siete Colores (The Hill of Seven Colours).
Best Argentina Holidays
If time isn’t on your side then opt for our Argentina’s Highlights – Cities, Glaciers & Waterfalls tour. Immerse yourself in Latin life as you feel the passionate beat of a Tango performance. Feel the spray from the Iguazu Falls and walk the ice fields of Patagonia. For more off the beaten track book Northwest Argentina Highlights, where you will wander the Calchaqui Valley, sample local high altitude wines produced in the Cafayate area and witness peculiar rock formations such as The Amphitheatre.
Whether you want to explore the natural world with the whole family or encounter rare species with just a few other travellers.
Choose the tailor-made itinerary that's right for you.
What Our Clients SayRead More Reviews
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours