Suggested Tours for Guatemala
Classic Guatemala & Belize
- Colonial Antigua
- Enigmatic Tikal Mayan ruins
- Crystal clear waters of the Caribbean
- Stunning Lake Atitilan
Highlights of Guatemala
- Colonial Antigua
- Volcanoes & Traditional Villages
- Stunning Lake Atitlan
- Wildlife & Waterways in Rio Dulce
The Mayan World
- Tikal & its towering temples
- Copan - the Paris of the Mayan World
- Yaxchilan & Bonampak - Deep in the Jungle
- Jungle shroud Palenque
Best Time To Visit Guatemala
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT -6 hours
Why visit Guatemala?
Worth a visit for a day or two on a Guatemala holiday is the town of Chichicastenango, which holds the country’s largest and most colourful market. It alsohas the intriguing Iglesia de Santo Tomas, a unique church with its own style of worship blended from pre-Columbian and Catholic practices.
Another of Guatemala’s highlights is the Mayan site of Tikal. Surrounded by undisturbed rainforest and home to Howler monkeys and toucans, it has arguably the best setting of all Central America’s Mayan ruins. And, if you want to really get off the beaten track on a holiday to Guatemala, take a boat down the Rio Dulce towards the Caribbean coast at Livingston, where you may be lucky enough to spot the elusive manatee.
What Our Clients SayRead More Reviews
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours