Suggested Tours for Kenya
Big Cat Masai Mara & Samburu Safari
- Search for big cats and an abundance of other wildlife in the world renowned Masai Mara
- Seek dry-country wildlife best sought in Samburu
- Enjoy intimate bush camps with a relaxed safari ambience and exceptional service
Kenya Safari & Zanzibar Beach Holiday
- Big Five Safari in the Masai Mara
- Down time on the pristine beaches of Zanzibar
- Walking tour of Stone Town
Kenya and the Seychelles - Wildlife Bonanza and Beach
- Big five game viewing in the Masai Mara
- Quintessential African savannah and bush scenery
- Sublime beaches and warm Indian Ocean waters of the Seychelles
- Superb accommodation and hospitality
Best Time To Visit Kenya
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT +3 hours
Why visit Kenya?
Many travellers head to Kenya for incredible safari opportunities. With a number of National Parks and nature reserves, many of which have appeared in documentaries, you can learn first-hand about invaluable conservation efforts. The landscape is also unbelievable, from acacia woodland to arid thornbush scrubland and sweeping plains. Along with witnessing natural beauty, you can visit the Masai people in a traditional village to learn more about their lives and culture.
Most Kenya holidays are inspired by the country’s incredible collection of wildlife. Learn how to track a lioness and her cubs with a local guide, join ex-poachers to visit the now protected white rhino or have BBC photographers show you how to take the perfect picture of an elephant herd. In the famous Masai Mara, find buffalo rumbling across the plains or search for cheetahs peeking from the long grass. You can also meet the Masai people, and in their traditional villages and cow-dung built huts soak up the music and movement of this ancient people.
The only thing as memorable as a Kenyan safari is a Kenyan landscape. Step from your tent to see the early morning mist clear and a lone acacia tree that has become synonymous with the plains of Africa come into view. In the heart of the county, stay at award winning game lodges in Samburu and Shaba national parks, before exploring Buffalo Springs where the roaring Ewaso Nyiro River provides a burst of green against this parched frontier land. Marvel at the Great Rift Valley, which once threatened to tear the African continent apart, as you hike this dramatic gorge, before reflecting on your African adventure on the east coast with your toes in the warm Indian Ocean.
Best Kenya Holidays
If this is your family holiday of a lifetime then the Trunks & Turtles Kenya family safari and beach is the ideal choice. It combines the thrills of the safari – including a special children’s safari in the mighty Masai Mara with a relaxing beach break in one of the country’s finest beach destinations, Watamu. If adventure in the wilderness is on your radar then opt for Kenya’s Big Game Riding Safari. Visit some of the lesser-known spots, including the national park surrounding Nairobi where you can spend a morning in the company of orphaned baby elephants before heading out on a private game drive. Traditional tented accommodation is offered to ensure you are never far from nature.
What Our Clients SayRead More Reviews
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours