The Rift Valley Lakes are a string of freshwater and soda lakes running from Lake Turkana in the north to Lake Magadi in southeastern Kenya. The soda lakes – Bogoria, Nakuru, Elementeita and Magadi – are renowned for the unforgettable spectacle created by masses of Flamingos.
With over 400 bird species making up the checklist, the lakes are a magnet for birders. Lake Naivasha, just a couple of hours’ drive from Nairobi, is an excellent place to start a Kenya holiday. The Great Rift Valley, which stretches almost 6000 kilometres from Lebanon to Mozambique, runs through Kenya and creates a natural divide between west and east. It is a landscape of forested mountains and semi-active volcanoes; gorges and dramatic escarpments; geysers and hot springs; inhospitable desert and fertile farmland and the chain of freshwater and alkaline lakes.
- Kenya's wildlife-rich Great Rift Valley
- Visits to Lake Nakuru and Naivasha
- Safari in the Masaai Mara
- Supporting Responsible Tourism
Loldia House enjoys a beautiful setting on the northern shore of Lake Naivasha. The house is shaded by old acacia and wild fig trees, with gardens filled with indigenous plants and lawns running down to the lake shore. There are lovely views of Mt. Longonot and small buck meander through the gardens. In the evening, hippo graze by the shore. Loldia House is a perfect spot to unwind after a long-ha...
Olerai House was the home of Oria and Iain Douglas-Hamilton, where they wrote their ground-breaking book -Among the Elephant and was opened to guests to fund their campaign to save the elephant. The quality of the hospitality and the wonderful meals reflect Oria’s Italian heritage. The five en suite rooms are furnished with flair and generously equipped. Walks to the lake or in the hills, b...
An incredible luxury safari holiday, this 10 day trip takes you to three of Kenya’s iconic and exclusive game reserves. Not only will you be able to see hippos lazily sleeping in the rivers and elephant calves following the herd from an incredibly close distance during the many game drives, you will also be able to view Kenya’s majestic landscapes from up above. You will travel from each incredibl...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours