Loldia House enjoys a beautiful setting on the northern shore of Lake Naivasha. The house is shaded by old acacia and wild fig trees, with gardens filled with indigenous plants and lawns running down to the lake shore. There are lovely views of Mt. Longonot and small buck meander through the gardens. In the evening, hippo graze by the shore. Loldia House is a perfect spot to unwind after a long-haul flight and ease yourself into Africa; or to relax after a safari. Heather is an extraordinary host and Loldia’s hospitality never fails to delight our clients.
There are four rooms in the original house and three in Loldia Cottage. A third cottage offers two en suite rooms and kitchen facilities suitable for families. All rooms have private en suite facilities and are furnished in colonial style. The house has a comfortable lounge with a large fireplace and a deep, shady verandah from which to savour the views. The cottage has its own sitting-room with fireplace and offers panoramic views of the lake.
Guests can walk and ride on the 6500 acres of Loldia ranch, on which impala and waterbuck graze amidst the cattle and ostrich herds. Game drives and night drives are on offer with Loldia’s resident naturalist, and boat trips are organised for fishing, bird-watching, sunsets – or the sheer pleasure of cruising. Loldia’s resident birding guide is available to take you birding on the lake or on a birding walk on the ranch. Loldia will arrange 4WD trips to the soda lakes of Nakuru, Elementeita and Bogorio where flamingos mass to feed; and to Hell’s Gate National Park, with its dramatic gorge and hot springs (national park entrance fees & drinks to be paid separately). Hell’s Gate and Nakuru also offer good game-viewing.
Wonderful meals are served under the trees or in the old, colonial-style dining-room. Lake Naivasha fish and shrimp are featured on the menu.
Guests are encouraged to visit the school adjacent to Loldia farm. Loldia School strives to educate 1400 children in its nursery and primary school classes and achieved fantastic examination results in 2004 and 2005. The Loldia School Fund is a UK charity that has sponsored the secondary education of over 100 Loldia House students, supplied books, desks and computers, and contributed to laying a pipeline to supply water to the school. Peter Njoroge of Loldia House is a director of the Loldia House Fund.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Kenya's wildlife-rich Great Rift Valley
- Visits to Lake Nakuru and Naivasha
- Safari in the Masaai Mara
- Supporting Responsible Tourism
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours