Suggested Tours for Republic of Congo
Congo Explorer & Gorillas
- Stunningly beautiful equatorial African rainforests
- Tracking Lowland gorillas with expert guides
- Seek out Bongo, Forest elephants, Forest buffalo and other rainforest inhabitants
- Abundant birdlife
Ultimate Great Apes Safari - Uganda and Republic of Congo's Gorillas & Chimps
- 2 Mountain Gorilla treks in Bwindi, Uganda
- 3 Lowland Gorilla treks in Repubic of Congo
- Chimpanzee Habituation Experience in Uganda
- Chimpanzee tracking in Uganda
Best Time To Visit Republic of Congo
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT +1 hour
Currency:Central African CFA Franc
Why visit Republic of Congo?
Our Congo holidays offer a refreshingly different African wildlife experience focusing on the fascinating and remote Odzala-Kokoua National Park. The trips are light adventure, during which guests explore one of the continent's most impressive equatorial rainforest ecosystems and experience excellent hospitality in secluded, exclusive camps.
Congo's safari camps
The three camps we use on our Congo holidays are extremely comfortable and sensitively designed using local, sustainable materials. Lango Camp is located in the west of Odzala-Kokoua National Park on the edge of the savannah, whilst Ngaga Camp is set deep within the rainforest. The third, Mboko Camp, is well located to complete what is an unforgettable and well-planned circuit.
Reaching the camps is part of the (light) adventure - please see our sample itinerary for detailed information on how this exciting itinerary is best done.
Odzala's wildlife includes 11 diurnal primate species. While the Lowland gorillas are without doubt the star attraction, other noteworthy and sought-after wildlife includes Forest elephant (still fairly shy), Forest buffalo (very common) and various antelopes including the unmistakeable Bongo, as well as Black-fronted duiker. In additional there are approximately 430 bird species, including specials such Hartlaub's duck, Black bee-eater and also, impressive flocks of African grey parrots and African green pigeon.
The camps offer night drives to look for some of the more reclusive animals such as spotted hyena, African golden cat and leopard.
What Our Clients SayRead More Reviews
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours