At the western boundary of the Odzala-Kokoua National Park, Lango Camp is set in dense equatorial rainforest, with each of its six suites overlooking Lango Bai.
Locally- sourced, natural materials have been used extensively in the construction of the camp - this includes sustanably-harvested hardwoods, bamboo and raffia palm matting.
Forest elephant, Forest buffalo, Western sitatunga and Spotted hyena frequent the area. Up in the trees, Guereza Colobus, Grey-cheeked Mangabey and Moustached monkey are commonly seen, while chimpanzees are also regularly heard. Nocturnal visitors to the bai include the rare Bongo, Leopard and Red river hog.
The six rooms are on raised platforms with 360 degree wrap-around viewing walkway, en suite bathroom with shower, flush toilet, fans and a safe. Three are to the left of the office/arrivals area and three to the right of it. In the front of the camp, is a fire deck, dining room, lounge and rest room.
Activities at Lango Camp include both day and night game drives, as well as guided walks, boat trips and motorised pirogue trips. The Lekoli River in this region offers very good changes for wildlife-watching as this is often easier than is the case inside forests. The boats are motorised aluminium boats and traditional dugouts ('pirogues').
Apart from the better-known mammals and birds, there are two little-known (and harmless) species of Crocodile that may be seen: slender-snouted and African dwarf crocodile
Children of 15 years of age and over are welcome (adult rates apply).
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Stunningly beautiful equatorial African rainforests
- Tracking Lowland gorillas with expert guides
- Seek out Bongo, Forest elephants, Forest buffalo and other rainforest inhabitants
- Abundant birdlife
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours