Suggested Tours for Colombia
Classic Panama & Colombia Holiday
This itinerary combines the highlights of Colombia and Panama. Explore the historic centre of Panama City, the Casco Viejo, built in 1673. Admire French, Spanish and Italian influences through its architecture. Journey along the canal on a half day transit aboard the Pacific Queen and experience something truly unique, taking in the canal and its operation. Catch a flight to Bogotá, Colombia's exc...
- Visit frozen-in-time Villa de Leyva
- Bogotá: where cosmopolitan meets colonial
- Stunning landscapes of the Coffee Region
- Social Transformation of Medellin City
Best Time To Visit Colombia
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT -5 hours
Why visit Columbia?
After years of being overlooked as a tourist destination, holidays to Colombia are enjoying a revival.
It’s a vibrant and exciting place to explore, with wonderful coastlines, colonial Spanish cities, pre-Columbian ruins, spectacular National Parks and famed coffee farms. Get to know Columbia's zest for life, where the rhythms of salsa and merengue are never far away. Be immersed in history, culture and unique wildlife with a visit to this Latin American gem.
Colombia's capital, Bogota, nestled high in the Andes, is the third largest city in South America. With its many universities and libraries the city has been dubbed the ‘Athens of South America’.
Historic Cartagena on the Caribbean coast is without doubt the jewel in Colombia’s crown. In its old quarter you’ll find many colourful colonial mansions have been carefully restored and turned into attractive boutique hotels, sophisticated restaurants and wine bars. After decades of producing world-famous coffee beans, visitors to the coffee region can both learn about coffee production and relax in magnificent haciendas overlooking the verdant green hills.
Don’t miss the Cocora Valley; a haven for wildlife in its cloud forest as well as home to the world’s tallest wax palms.
Tayrona National Park, on the Caribbean coast, is where the spectacular forest-clad Sierra Nevada Mountains provide the backdrop to wild, tropical beaches.
For those seeking off the beaten track adventure head to the south to discover the pre-Columbian ruins at the San Agustin UNESCO World Heritage Site and for culture and art buffs, keen for an insight into Colombia’s eventful past, Medellin is the place to be!
What Our Clients SayRead More Reviews
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours