Some of Our Namibia Holiday Ideas
Classic Namibia Self-Drive Holiday
- Visit the Cheetah conservation project at Okonjima
- Spectacular game viewing around the waterholes in Etosha
- Elusive Rhino and Elephant in the desert at Damaraland
- Climb the highest dunes in Sossusvlei at Sunrise
Namibia Self-Drive Roof-Top Camping Holiday
- Independent travel on the open roads of Namibia
- Superb game viewing in Etosha
- Climb the living dunes in Sossusvlei
- Scour the Skeleton Coast for Shipwrecks
Namibia in Style: Fly-Around Safari
- Climb Big Daddy dune in the Namib Desert
- Watch the sunrise over the impressive red sand dunes
- Search for wild life in Etosha National Park
- Light aircraft flights throughout
Rainbow Namibia Specialist
Namibia has a dramatic landscape of contracts; ancient amber dunes juxtaposed against grey-blue water where the south-west coast of the African continent meets the Atlantic. The culture is just as interesting, but with a total population at around 2 million people, you will have to search harder to find the locals than finding oryx jotted against the horizon. In the north seek out the Damaraland elephants, adapted over thousands of years to know just where to dig for water, in the south sleep out between the dunes under the milky-way, where stars so bright you need to cover your eyes to get any sleep at all.
Nikki's Top Tips
- Embark on a self-drive itinerary and make the most of Namibia's excellent infrastructure to best experience the vastness of the land.
- In Swakopmund go dune buggy-ing for adrenaline-filled fun.
- For an amazing (and blow-the-budget) experience stay at Serra Cafema in the far north to meet the Himba people. Their traditions and simple way of life will have a lasting impression on you, long after you’ve returned home.
Best Time To Visit Namibia
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT +2 hours
Why visit Namibia?
Beauty comes naturally to Namibian lands. Comprised of rolling canyons, tangerine deserts, sunlit bays and national parks packed full of mesmerising wildlife, it’s one of the world’s fewest places still largely untouched by civilisation, offering stillness and serenity that simply can’t be sought elsewhere.
On your visit here, it’s essential that you see Damaraland and Kaokoland, some of the best spots showcasing Nambia’s rural splendor. Spitzkoppe also can’t be missed – the region’s most photographed and painted place, its body of granite rocks and dust-laden grounds make for the perfect artistic muse. For a glimpse of Nambia’s famous land-grazers, visit the Skeleton Coast Park, where lions stride the sands, along with elephants and rhinos.
Self-drive holidays to Namibia
A self drive holiday through Namibia is a popular way to see Namibia especially as, this dramatic country has hundreds of miles of well-maintained and virtually empty roads, through spectacular landscapes, which make it a pleasure to explore. A two-week self-drive itinerary allows you to visit Namibia’s highlights whilst taking time to meander and relax. Most roads are suitable for a normal saloon car, but a 2x4, is popular as it gives higher ground clearance and greater comfort on the gravel roads. Throughout most of Namibia there is accommodation to suit all pockets, ranging from small, exclusive, 5-star lodges to good value guesthouses and national park rest camps. See our Open Road Self-Drive Namibia Safari and our Classic Self-Drive Namibia Holiday.
Camping holidays in Namibia
‘Rooftop camping’ is a great option if you want to mix self-drive and camping – your specially adapted vehicle has a pop-up tent on the roof and everything you need for a self-sufficient trip is provided, including mattresses, gas cooker and cool box! See our Self-Drive Roof-Top Camping Holiday
Fly-in Namibia Safari Holidays
A fly-in safari holiday in Nambia transports you by light aircraft between camps. This is a more expensive way to travel but it minimises journey times between regions, and you also experience the exhilaration of seeing the rugged beauty of the landscape from the air. See our Namibia Luxury Wing Safari
Small Group tours in Namibia
We also offer an excellent range of small group tours for those not wanting to drive or fly, including very comfortable en suite camping and accommodated tours. If sheer luxury is more your style, consider the top of the range Great Namibia Journey which stays at exclusive lodges and private Discoverer Campsite, in remote locations. See our selection of our Namibia group tours.
Luxury Namibia Holidays
If sheer luxury is more your style, consider the Great Namibia Journey which stays at exclusive lodges and private Discoverer Campsites, in remote locations. This is without doubt one of the finest Namibia holidays available, giving you time to explore Namibia's highlights in depth, whilst enjoying the lifestyle associated with a bygone era of safari travel.
Tours and holidays to Namibia
See a selection of Namibia holidays and tours below - we can tailor-make any itinerary to suit specific interests and dates. These are just ideas to help you begin the planning process. The best time to visit Namibia is in the cooler winter months which correspond with our spring and summer (May to October). The temperatures can be unpleasantly hot in December and January, but it’s still possible to travel if you find it easy to cope with temperature extremes.
What Our Clients SayRead More Reviews
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours