Etosha National Park in Namibia is one of the largest game reserves in the world.
This vast area of bush, savannah and salt pan is also one of the world’s best wildlife-viewing sites. The Etosha Pan is a 5,000 sq km depression visible from space, and the surrounding bush.
In the dry season, the silvery-white salt pan is a place of shimmering mirages; in years of heavy rainfall, the pan becomes a lake, attracting huge flocks of flamingos. In the dry season, thousands of animals congregate at the waterholes around the pan including various antelope, giraffe, zebra, elephant, cheetah and leopard.
Etosha has a high concentration of lion, one of the largest remaining populations of black rhino and 340 bird species. ‘Specials’ include Hartlaub's francolin, Rüppell's parrot and White-tailed shrike.
There is a good selection of accommodation in and around the national park, all of which works well as a base for an Etosha holiday. You can choose to stay at one of the lodges which border the park such as Ongava or Mushara , or stay at one of the rest camps within it. The three rest camps in Etosha – Okaukuejo, Namutoni and Halali – have been extensively upgraded.
Mushara is only 8km from the Von Lindequist Gate on the eastern side of Etosha, are the three owner-managed Mushara properties, popular bases for self-drive safaris.MUSHARA LODGE has ten air-conditioned, twin-bedded bungalows, a family unit, three single rooms and a large pool.MUSHARA OUTPOST, an exciting new addition, accommodates 16 people and provides an authentic bush experience. You can self-...
Namutoni is the easternmost of the rest camps in Etosha, and is perhaps the most upmarket.It is built around an old German fort overlooking the King Nehale waterhole, and from its raised walkway there are excellent views across the bush. Accommodation consists of 20 attractive bush chalets and 24 striking double rooms.Facilities include two restaurants (African fusion and a steakhouse), bar, centr...
Okaukuejo one of rest camps, provides excellent accommodation inside Etosha.This popular lodge is situated at the southern entrance to the park, overlooking a permanent, floodlit waterhole, regularly frequented by game. The lodge facilities include a swimming pool, shop, restaurant and bar. Accommodation at Okaukuejo ranges from 40 well-priced double rooms to 5 double-story premier chalets with...
Ongava, meaning 'rhinoceros' in Herero, is a 30,000-hectare private game reserve on the southern boundary of Etosha National Park.The entrance is just metres from the Okaukuejo/Anderson Gate. Ongava Reserve has been restored by Wilderness Safaris and has a high concentration of animals including giraffe, gemsbok (oryx), red hartebeest, eland, wildebeest, zebra and the rare blackfaced impal...
Ongava, meaning 'rhinoceros' in Herero, is a 30,000-hectare private game reserve on the southern boundary of Etosha National Park.The entrance is just metres from the Okaukuejo/Anderson Gate. Ongava Reserve has been restored by Wilderness Safaris and has a high concentration of animals including, giraffe, gemsbok (oryx), red hartebeest, eland, wildebeest, zebra and the rare blackfaced impa...
Little Ongava is one of the most exclusive and comfortable lodges in Namibia. This intimate lodge has just three air-conditioned luxury suites, each with its own plunge pool, sala and outside shower.Perched on the crest of a hill, the dining and lounge areas share a wonderful view of the waterhole below.This lodge is ideal for families or small groups of friends to take sole use for an exclusive a...
- Visit the Cheetah conservation project at Okonjima
- Spectacular game viewing around the waterholes in Etosha
- Elusive Rhino and Elephant in the desert at Damaraland
- Climb the highest dunes in Sossusvlei at Sunrise
- Professional and knowledgeable guide throughout
- climb the towering dunes of Sossusvlei
- Track the elusive desert adapted elephant in Damaraland
- Big five game viewing in Ongava Private Game Reserve
- Visit the towering red dunes of Sossusvlei
- Visit the remote Hoanib Skeleton Coast camp
- Scenic inter camp light aircraft flights over breathtaking scenery
- Marvel at the wildlife as they congregate around waterholes in Etosha
- Stay in prime locations within the national parks
- completely independent travel through Namibia
- See the wildlife at Etosha
- ascend the dunes at Sossusvlei
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours