Little Ongava is one of the most exclusive and comfortable lodges in Namibia. This intimate lodge has just three air-conditioned luxury suites, each with its own plunge pool, sala and outside shower.
Perched on the crest of a hill, the dining and lounge areas share a wonderful view of the waterhole below.
This lodge is ideal for families or small groups of friends to take sole use for an exclusive and personal safari experience.
Ongava, meaning 'rhinoceros' in Herero, is a 30,000-hectare private game reserve on the southern boundary of Etosha National Park. The entrance is just metres from the Okaukuejo/Anderson Gate. Ongava Reserve has been restored by Wilderness Safaris and has a high concentration of animals including giraffe, gemsbok (oryx), red hartebeest, eland, wildebeest, zebra and the rare blackfaced impala. Lion, leopard and cheetah seek their prey on Ongava.
White rhino were introduced and black rhino migrated onto the reserve. Local 'specials' include the short-toed rockthrush, Hartlaub's francolin, rockrunner, Rüppell's parrot, white-tailed shrike and chesnut weaver.
The three small, luxurious lodges offer the full Etosha experience with the addition of night drives and the chance to track game on foot in the reserve, activities that are not allowed or offered within the national park.
Guests normally spend the morning in Etosha National Park and return to Little Ongava for lunch. After tea, guests head out onto the private reserve for an evening game drive and return to dine under the clear night skies. For people who seek close encounters with wildlife, Ongava offers the opportunity to track white rhino on foot (accompanied by an armed guide). Other options include full-day trips into Etosha, walks, and visiting one of the hides on the reserve.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours