Some of Our Panama Holiday Ideas
Best of Panama - Canal, Cloud Forest & Beach
Our Best of Panama itinerary takes in Panama City and the canal, cloud forest treks, coffee tours, and time on the beach at the beautiful islands of Bocas del Toro. The centre of Panama City has been newly renovated and you are based right in the heart of the old town. Next you travel to the western highlands and explore the Boquete Cloud Forest. This area offers some of the most picturesque walk...
Highlights of Costa Rica & Panama
- Tropical Panama City
- Abundant wildlife on the Nicoya Peninsula
- Imposing Arenal Volcano
- Pristine Pacific Coast
Central American Journey
- Panama City & the Canal
- Charming Antigua
- Imposing Arenal Volcano
- Spectacular Lake Atitlán
Best Time To Visit Panama
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT -5 hours
Currency:United States Dollar, Panamanian Balboa
Why visit Panama?
Panama City’s historic old town has been undergoing renovation and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are an increasing number of boutique hotels to choose from and new restaurants and cafés to visit. A day trip from the capital can take you deep into the Chagres National Park to spend an action-packed day in the rainforest with the Embera Parara Puru Community. This is a highly recommended addition to any Panama holiday.
Panama is also a superb beach destination. The idyllic Bocas del Toro islands on its Caribbean coastline, near the border with Costa Rica, have white sand beaches and aquamarine waters, fringed by lush rainforests. Spot dolphin, snorkel and look out for Hawksbill, Leatherback and?Green turtles. Further east, the San Blas Archipelago is jaw-droppingly beautiful and home to the indigenous Kuna Indians. As the country becomes a destination in its own right, increasingly visitors choose to tailor-make holidays to Panama that incorporate time relaxing on a picturesque beach.
In contrast to the modern engineering typified by the canal, there are also many opportunities to see wildlife on a holiday to Panama. The verdant mountains around Boquete, near the border with Costa Rica, are dotted with coffee and strawberry plantations. Here the cooler cloud forests are home to a wide variety of tropical birds, including the much sought after Quetzal, and the picturesque countryside is ideal for walking.
What Our Clients SayRead More Reviews
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours