Mountains, rivers and volcanoes all make up the varied Chiriquí Province which lies on the Western coast of Panama, bordering the Pacific Ocean, Costa Rica and inland Panama.
The small town of Boquete is nestled in the verdant valley of the Rio Caldera. At an altitude of 1060m, the town has refreshing cooler climate, prefect for the production of orchids, strawberries, root vegetables and most importantly coffee. In the shadow of the Baru Volcano National Park, this park is home to the Quetzal Trail, one of the most scenic hikes in Central America. The Baru National Park is home to abundant flora and fauna and this mystical cloud forest is where ancient trees covered in moss, epiphytic plants and orchids join together to form a natural paradise. Birds that you are likely to spot here include the Orange-bellied Trogon, Three-wattled Bellbird, Black Guan, Hairy Woodpecker, Buff-fronted Quail Dove and the Resplandent Quetzal.
Visitors to the area can explore a multitude of hiking trails, get their thrills white water rafting, sample the finest coffee on a plantation tour, scale volcanoes or spot birds in the surrounding serene forest.
Steeped in history, the Finca Lerida is a family-run establishment situated only ten minutes from Boquete. Having first started exporting coffee in 1929, the Finca Lerida continues to do so and is also is home to an 11 room boutique hotel. During your stay at this delightful hotel, you can dine on the terrace which boasts lovely views or inside the warm restaurant. Sit and relax in the main room b...
Los Establos is located just outside of Boquete in the Chiriquí Province set within 12 acres of coffee plantation land. Bought in 2005 by its current owners, Los Establos offers guests stunning views of the Volcano Baru and surrounding areas. Rooms and suites offer good amenities such as; a hairdryer, safe, flat screen television, iPod dock, DVD player, bathrobes and wireless internet access. Duri...
Our Best of Panama itinerary takes in Panama City and the canal, cloud forest treks, coffee tours, and time on the beach at the beautiful islands of Bocas del Toro. The centre of Panama City has been newly renovated and you are based right in the heart of the old town. Next you travel to the western highlands and explore the Boquete Cloud Forest. This area offers some of the most picturesque walk...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours