Some of Our Bolivia Holiday Ideas
Ultimate Stargazing Adventure
- Historic Santiago
- Intriguing La Paz
- Luna Landscape of Atacama Desert
- Unique Lake Titicaca
Peru & Bolivia Highlights
- Andean city of Cuzco
- Shimmering Lake Titicaca
- Majestic Mount Illimani overlooking La Paz
- Salar de Uyuni, the worlds largest salt flat
Highlights of Bolivia
- Sucre - Bolivia's charming "White City"
- Silver mining town of Potosi
- Lake Titicaca's Sun & Moon Islands
- Otherworldly Salt Flats
Best Time To Visit Bolivia
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT -4 hours
Why visit Bolivia?
Landlocked in the heart of the South America, this little country is home to some of the most untouched areas of the Amazon Rainforest. With numerous eco lodges, explore the many highlights and hidden gems, from colonial UNESCO World Heritage Sites to sprawling salt flats. In contrast to this steamy tropical jungle, be sure to see Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world at 3,800 metres. With shorelines in both Bolivia and Peru, the lake is included in many holidays to Bolivia as well as Peru.
Bolivia's colonial towns and cities
Also not to be missed are the colonial towns of Sucre (a UNESCO world heritage site) and the silver mining centre of Potosi. Both are well-preserved examples of the country's Spanish past, and Sucre in particular has buildings dating back to the 16th and 17th centuries. La Paz too has much to interest visitors - Bolivia's largest city has lively traditional markets, museums, coffee shops and great views of snowy Mt Illimani on a clear day. Take your woollens though as the high altitude means its pretty cool year round.
Uyuni Salt Flats
For good reason it's difficult to find an advert for holidays in Latin America without an image of Bolivia's extraordinary Uyuni Salt Flats. Covering a vast area in southern Bolivia, the gleam from the miles of glistening salt crust mean that sunglasses and sun cream are essential as you travel across the flats by four-wheel drive. A trip out onto the flats with one of the new AirStream Campers is our top recommendation, as the experience of waking up to views that literally go on for miles is truly unique.
Bolivia holidays and tours
With its hauntingly beautiful rugged terrain and colourful indigenous customs and festivals, this is a fascinating country. There is more than enough to see and do on holidays to Bolivia to justify a trip here in its own right, however it can easily be combined with both Peru and Chile, as well as Argentina and Brazil.
What Our Clients SayRead More Reviews
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours