Suggested Tours for Zambia
Zambia Walking Safari - Luangwa Encounter
- Discover more of South Luangwa on this itinerary - Mfuwe Lodge, Chamilandu, Chindeni, Bilimungwe and Kapamba
- Amazing wildlife viewing in the game rich South Luangwa
- Enjoy game viewing from a different angle on this walking safari
- Discover the smaller things on foot
Rivers & Rainbows in the South Luangwa
- Be at one with nature on some of the best walking safaris
- Enjoy accommodation that is really authentic and close to the wildlife
- Guides in Zambia are some of the best in Africa especially when walking
- South Luangwa has some of the best sightings of the Big Cats
Classic Zambia Safari & Victoria Falls
Combine the spectacular Victoria Falls where you are able to do a variety of activities from simple boat cruises the Zambezi River to bungi jumping. Safari in the very special Lower Zambezi National Park, staying on the banks of the Zambezi River you will be able to enjoy game cruises, fishing and canoeing in conjunction with game drives and safari walks. Not forgetting the famous South Luangwa Na...
Best Time To Visit Zambia
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT +2 hours
Why visit Zambia?
Defined by wild national parks, abundant game, outstanding natural beauty and some of the best wildlife walking safaris in Africa, Zambia is a great choice for serious safari enthusiasts. With 19 national parks, this immense wilderness of grassy plains, vast wetlands, wide rivers, thundering waterfalls and lush forests supports over 750 bird species and abundant, diverse wildlife. An enlightened policy of non-intrusive, low environmental impact game viewing has preserved the area and its wildlife. See examples of our tailor-made Zambia safaris and tours below.
Zambia safari holiday locations
The Lower Zambezi National Park is an area of exceptional beauty on a tranquil part of the river, beyond the Victoria Falls and Lake Kariba. Here there are both luxury lodges and camps that are more reminiscent of old style bush camps. The game is excellent and can be viewed on foot, by vehicle or by boat.
Zambia’s South Luangwa National Park in the east of the country is a place of rugged beauty known for the sheer volume of game and for being among the best places to spot leopard. It is also recognised for its exceptional guides and as the birthplace of the walking safari. We work with a number outstanding operators in the region including Robin Pope, The Bushcamp Company and Norman Carr Safaris.
By contrast, Kafue is Zambia’s less visited option. It's Zambia’s largest national park, with a mix of different habitats that attract many species of plains game and the predators that hunt them, but is only open from July through to November. Zambia safaris in Kafue focus on rare antelope such as puka and Red lechwe, and the predators that stalk them.
Other Zambia tours & activities
The Victoria Falls is indisputably Zambia’s best-known tourist attraction and most Zambia trips and safaris will include a few nights here. Many people choose to go to Victoria Falls for their honeymoon. The Victoria Falls are fullest between April and July, and can be viewed from both Zambia and the Zimbabwe side. Each has its advantages. The Mosi-O-Tunya National Park is on the Upper Zambezi, and stretches for about 12 kms from and including the Victoria Falls.
Although Zambia itself is landlocked, a short flight to the east will bring you to the shores of Lake Malawi, a massive inland tidal lake with some pretty beaches. The ease of this transfer makes this the ideal way to enjoy a Zambia safari and beach break with minimum time spent travelling.
Whether you want to explore the natural world with the whole family or encounter rare species with just a few other travellers.
Choose the tailor-made itinerary that's right for you.
What Our Clients SayRead More Reviews
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours