The Victoria Falls has been designated as one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
The local people, who in 1855 led David Livingstone to this magical place, where the Zambezi plunges into a mile-wide ravine, called the Falls ‘Mosi-O-Tunya’, or ‘the smoke that thunders’.
The spray, billowing up from a series of cataracts, can be seen for miles. Dozens of viewpoints, each better than the last, are linked by paths through the rainforest that thrives in the arc of the spray. The Mosi-O-Tunya National Park is on the upper Zambezi, stretching for about 12 km from and including the Victoria Falls.
The Victoria Falls are at their fullest between April and July. They can be viewed from either the Zambian or the Zimbabwean side and each side has it advantages.
After gazing at the Falls from the ground, take in the aerial view from a helicopter or light aircraft: the ‘Flight of Angels’ is an unforgettable experience.?For the rest of your stay in Zambia, there is plenty to do - enjoy a leisurely sunset cruise or canoeing on the Zambezi River, visit a local village and take a day trip into Botswana’s Chobe National Park.
For real adrenalin adventure try bungee jumping or white-water rafting in the Zambezi Gorges.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours