Zambia is the perfect destination for both those new to safari, who want to experience a raw authentic wilderness, and enthusiasts who cannot resist the thrill of game viewing across a beautiful African landscape. This 10 day itinerary takes you to two incredible and charming resorts in wonderful destinations along the powerful Zambezi River.
After your international flights, you will be transferred by your light aircraft flight to the Royal Zambezi Lodge. The Royal Zambezi Lodge invites guests to enjoy the splendour of the country in a spacious yet intimate haven designed with a true love for Africa, it’s stunning wildlife and rich heritage. Found along the banks of the impressive Zambezi River, just a stones throw away from the Lower Zambezi National Park and overlooking the Mana Pools World Heritage Site, the lodge’s location could not be better.
Spend your days here enjoying the diverse list of activities from the classic game drives to the fascinating village tour of Chiawa, learning about and meeting the Goba community, and intrepid mountainous hiking against the awe-inspiring backdrop of the Lower Zambezi National Park.
From here, you will be flown by light aircraft to Tongabezi, a tranquil base resting just 18km upstream from the thundering Victoria Falls. One of the first safari lodges, Tongabezi has had a strong influence on lodge design and impresses guests to this day with top quality service and food in an astounding setting.
Tongabezi’s splendid list of activities utilises the lodge’s awe-inspiring location, choices including game drives, boating along the river at the romantic times of sunset and sunrise and visits to Victoria Falls. A wonderful way to celebrate your amazing Zambia adventure is with a sampan floating candlelit dinner.
Day 1 Thursday
Day 2 Friday – Monday
Day 6 Tuesday – Thursday
Day 9 Friday
Day 10 Saturday
Pricing Information & Dates
31st May 2020
30th Nov 2020
31st Mar 2021
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours