Best Time To Visit Canada
Quick Country Facts
Why visit Canada?
Holidays to ‘the Great White North’ can include cultural city breaks, wildlife-spotting tours and plenty of outdoor activities. Subarctic safaris travel along the spectacular frozen terrain and allow wildlife enthusiasts the chance to see polar bears, arctic hares and foxes in their natural habitat. Water cruises can reveal Orca whales, Grey whales and more marine life, while the iconic Canadian Rockies mountain range is home to a range of wildlife – from elk and goats to coyote, wolves and bears.
A blend of cosmopolitan and vibrant city and stunning natural landscapes, Vancouver is the perfect gateway into a Canadian wildlife tour, or a fascinating destination in its own right. Enjoy the city’s diverse eateries and places of interest before heading out to explore Stanley Park – a natural haven within the city limits. 400 hectares of grassland, forest and beach are perfect for adventure.
Vancouver is a great base from which to explore some of Canada’s vast wilderness and undertake spectacular wildlife tours through forests, up mountain ranges and across the icy plains.
The big city destination that breaks up Manitoba’s wide open plains, Winnipeg is an urban metropolis set within phenomenal natural landscapes that are ripe for exploring. The city itself boasts a fantastic cultural scene, with museums, galleries and diverse cuisine. Described as the ‘gateway to the west’, the capital of Manitoba functions as a great base from which to explore the prairie state’s plains and discover Canada’s fascinating wildlife – from foxes and bears to falcons and whales.
Churchill boasts some of Canada’s very best sights – polar bears, Beluga whales and the chance to see the Aurora Borealis. The town is the only human settlement where polar bears can be spotted in the wild, and the surrounding snowy landscape is a photographers’ dream. The subarctic climate means a fascinating variety of flora and fauna thrive here, and in addition to bears and whales visitors here can spot arctic foxes, owls and wolves and take part in a tundra trek or wildlife-spotting excursion.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours