Some of our Seychelles holiday ideasView All Holidays
Our expertise in Seychelles
Best Time To Visit Seychelles
Quick Country Facts
Time Zone:GMT +4 hours
Why visit Seychelles?
This is not a comprehensive guide to the hotels of the Seychelles. Rather, each place you see has been chosen for specific qualities such as location, food, atmosphere, hospitality or facilities.? Holidays to Seychelles are not inexpensive, but remember that almost everything you use and consume has to be imported to enable you to stay on some of the most fascinating and beautiful islands on earth.
The Seychelles comprise 115 islands in the western Indian Ocean, off the east coast of Africa, close to the equator. Of these islands, 41 constitute the oldest mid-oceanic granite islands on earth while a further 74 form the low-lying coral atolls and reef islands of the Outer Islands, which includes Desroches, Denis and Bird Islands.
The granitic islands of the Seychelles archipelago cluster around the main island of Mahé, home to the international airport and the capital, Victoria, and its satellites Praslin, Silhouette, North, Frégate and La Digue. Together, these Inner Islands form the cultural and economic hub of the nation and contain the majority of Seychelles’ tourism facilities, as well as some of its most stunning beaches. Seychelles is a comparatively young nation which can trace its first settlement back to 1770 when the islands were first settled by the French.
Seychelles achieved independence from Britain in 1976 and became a republic within the Commonwealth. Today, the 81,000 strong Seychellois population continues to reflect its multi-ethnic roots. Traditionally, the islands have attracted a broad diversity of peoples, including freed slaves, European settlers, adventurers, traders of Arab and Persian origin as well as Chinese and Indians. Echoing this diversity, Creole cuisine features the subtleties and nuances of French cooking, the exoticism of Indian dishes and the piquant flavours of the Orient. Delicious food is an essential ingredient of any holiday in the Seychelles.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours