Praslin lies 45 km northeast of Mahé, 15 minutes by air or an hour by catamaran. Ten km long and nearly four km wide, it is the second largest island in the archipelago.
This lovely island preserves a splendid, palm-forested valley, the World Heritage Site of Vallée de Mai, where you can wander among the six endemic palms of the Seychelles, marvel at the extraordinary coco de mer and listen for the rare, endemic Black Parrot.
Beyond the coral reefs surrounding Praslin, you will see the hazy bulk of Mahé to the south and, to the northeast, Curieuse and Ile Ste Pierre. The seabird sanctuary of Aride is to the north, while Cousin (managed by BirdLife Seychelles) and Cousine lie to the west.
The island has small, sheltered coves with granite boulders and long beaches of fine, white sand bordered by palm and takamaka trees. Spectacular Anse Lazio is widely acclaimed as the most beautiful beach in the world.
Some of the best snorkelling is off Cote d'Or, where many of Praslin's hotels are found. Anse Lazio and Anse Boudin are also good for snorkelling. Sister Rocks, South Marianne and White Bank are among the top dive sites.
Take one of the walking trails and explore the island and secluded beaches like Anse Badamier. Visit Curieuse, with its colony of giant land tortoises or Ile St Pierre for snorkelling.
- Big five game viewing in the Masai Mara
- Quintessential African savannah and bush scenery
- Sublime beaches and warm Indian Ocean waters of the Seychelles
- Superb accommodation and hospitality
- Experience Seychelles a bit differently on this 'off the beaten track' itinerary
- Stay in unique, small, charming accommodation
- Spend time at leisure on some of the most beautiful beaches
- Discover some of the beautiful islands of the Seychelles
- Stay in some unique, charming accommodation
- Do as much or as little as you please on this tailor made holiday
is an elegant, small hotel in a lush, hillside setting on the east coast of Praslin. With its own secluded white, sandy beach at the end of Anse Gouvernement, L'Archipel enjoys panoramic views over the Bay of Cote d'Or and the islands of St Pierre and Curieuse. Accommodation Set in tropical gardens, spacious accommodation is in cottages made of local stone and timber. The 23 deluxe rooms, three se...
in the secluded private bay of Anse Petit Cour, is set amid granite boulders, mature trees and tropical gardens. Accommodation is in 40 sea-facing superior and deluxe rooms in the colonial-style villas. Rooms have king-size four-poster beds, air-conditioning, and a private balcony or verandah. Facilities The restaurant is on the jetty overlooking the bay and offers excellent Creole and internation...
is a welcoming family-run hotel in an exquisite garden at Cote d’Or. The 17 attractive superior rooms and spacious suites have a private terrace looking onto the new swimming pool. Overlooking the orchid garden, the open-air restaurant serves fine authentic Creole cuisine. With nature trails, lovely beaches, beautiful scenery and easy access to dive centres, shops and restaurants, Le Duc de Prasli...
is a 5-star deluxe resort at idyllic Anse Kerlan on the northwest coast. Set in 101 hectares of luxuriant vegetation, the 105 lavishly appointed suites and villas are set along two of the three beaches. All have a private verandah, oriented towards the Indian Ocean. Facitilies A member of ‘Relais & Chateaux’, Lémuria has a children’s club and the only 18-hole championship golf course in the Seyche...
is on the northeast coast of Praslin. It is set amidst lush tropical gardens on the superb Anse Volbert beach, on the edge of Cote d'Or, on of the most beautiful beaches in Seychelles. With its wide range of activities and entertainment, Paradise Sun can be an excellent choice for couples and families. Accommodation Built in the style of French Creole chalets, all 80 rooms have air-conditioning a...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours