Everyone who flies to the Seychelles arrives in Mahé, the largest of the islands and site of the capital, Victoria. With over 70 coves and beaches, offshore islands, its land and marine national parks, indigenous birds, walking trails and galleries, the island encapsulates the diversity of the beautiful Seychelles Archipelago.
Mahé, 27 km long by 8 km wide, is home to two-thirds of Seychellois. A lush green mountain range runs the length of the island, reaching a peak of 905m at Le Morne Seychellois, and provides good walking and birding. Along the narrow coasts are lovely, secluded coves and beaches, from untamed Anse Intendance in the south to the famous Beau Vallon in the northwest.
The Sainte Anne National Marine Park, which encompasses six small islands, including Cerf and Sainte Anne, lies just to the northeast and its diverse marine habitats attract divers, snorkelers and glass-bottomed boats. Anonyme lies just 700 metres off the coast of Mahé and is a good choice for those wanting to combine an offshore island hideaway with the attractions of Mahé.
With a Saturday morning at vibrant Victoria Market, an authentic Creole meal at Marie-Antoinette, wonderful sailing, scenic Mahé is an ideal introduction to the Seychelles.
- Experience Seychelles a bit differently on this 'off the beaten track' itinerary
- Stay in unique, small, charming accommodation
- Spend time at leisure on some of the most beautiful beaches
- Discover some of the beautiful islands of the Seychelles
- Stay in some unique, charming accommodation
- Do as much or as little as you please on this tailor made holiday
- Quintessential East African safari in Kenya with abundant game
- Soaking up the tropical sunshine in the sublime Seychelles
- Top notch accommodation, great food and first class hospitality
is set on the glorious beach of Anse Intendance, on the southwest coast of Mahé. Bordered by luxuriant takamaka trees, 60 spacious, opulent villas enjoy majestic views over the Indian Ocean. Location The south of Mahé is the least developed and most unspoilt part of the island. Banyan Tree is set on an above a vast sweep of beach, flanked by tall mountainous outcrops on either side. Unbroken fores...
situated in the St Anne National Marine Park is a 10-minute boat journey from main island of Mahe which provides easy access and seclusion in the lush hillside overlooking the ocean. Cerf Island is a mile long and less than a mile wide. Accommodation The 24 villas are built into the forested hillside with a large bedroom, seating area, spacious bathroom with bath and separate shower, balcony w...
Constance Ephelia is set on two beautiful beaches looking out over the Port Launay National Marine Park on the island of Mahe. With its varied accommodation, the Ephelia will fulfil the needs of couples and families seeking a luxurious Seychelles holiday in an unspoiled corner. Accommodation The Ephelia has a wide choice of accommodation: junior and senior suites and five different types of villa...
has been thoroughly renovated and is now an elegant, stylish five-star spa resort at the south end of Mahé's renowned Beau Vallon beach. Accommodation Set within mature tropical gardens, the 70 open-plan rooms, cottages and suites have air-conditioning, satellite TV, coffee station and large bathrooms among the amenities. All are sea-facing, with private terrace or balcony. Non-smoking rooms are a...
Sunset Beach, on the northwest coast of Mahé, is one of the island's finest small hotels. The beautiful setting, on a rocky promontory beside a sheltered cove, guarantees peace and privacy. Its own secluded bay, fringed by a beach of white sand, provides excellent swimming and snorkelling most of the year. Accommodation The 29 rooms, suites and luxury villa are tastefully decorated. Each has a sea...
is located on a private island covered in lush tropical vegetation, just ten minutes by boat from Mahé. Situated within the protected bay of the marine park, the waters are generally very calm, ideal for snokelling and for families with young children. There are two sandy beaches, one in front of the resort pool, the other more secluded and quiet. The Bob Marlin Miniclub has friendly, helpf...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours