Sunset Beach, on the northwest coast of Mahé, is one of the island's finest small hotels. The beautiful setting, on a rocky promontory beside a sheltered cove, guarantees peace and privacy. Its own secluded bay, fringed by a beach of white sand, provides excellent swimming and snorkelling most of the year.
The 29 rooms, suites and luxury villa are tastefully decorated. Each has a sea-facing terrace, air-conditioning, ceiling fan and tea/coffee facilities. Bathrooms have a shower and bath.
The centrepiece is the freshwater pool, carved from the rocks and overlooking the Indian Ocean, as does the thatched, open bar, carved from a single tree trunk. The sundeck is shaded by leafy sandragon trees and is a lovely spot for sipping cocktails.
The restaurant offers tantalising local and international dishes, and there is regular evening entertainment.
Beau Vallon Bay beach, where guests of Sunset Beach receive special rates for watersports, is a ten-minute drive.
Children over 10 are welcome at this hotel. Discounts are offered when sharing with two adults.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours