is set on the glorious beach of Anse Intendance, on the southwest coast of Mahé. Bordered by luxuriant takamaka trees, 60 spacious, opulent villas enjoy majestic views over the Indian Ocean.
The south of Mahé is the least developed and most unspoilt part of the island. Banyan Tree is set on an above a vast sweep of beach, flanked by tall mountainous outcrops on either side. Unbroken forest stretches back inland, rising beyond view.
The villas are all carefully sculpted into the natural environment and ensure privacy. The minimalist décor is nonetheless sumptuous, with a strong eastern influence. Each villa has a private pool and pavilion and a king-sized bed. Beachfront pool villas have an open-air jacuzzi, outdoor sunken bath and steam room.
You can dine in the privacy of your own villa, or in one of three outstanding restaurants: Saffron serves award-winning Thai cuisine; Au Jardin d'Epices offers an outstanding and eclectic international menu; and Sands provides a lavish beachfront barbecue and grill. Alternatively, you can select a beach location from which to enjoy a gourmet meal. A buggy takes you back to your villa and the path is beautifully lit by lamps placed along the steep winding forest paths.
The Banyan Tree Spa is known for its extensive range of massage, body and beauty treatments. This spa is stunning: its six treatment rooms have glass walls looking out on the forest. There is also a health club and gym. Facilities include a free-form pool, tennis court, complimentary non-motorised watersports (subject to sea conditions) and snorkelling. Diving, deep-sea and night fishing are available nearby. The new gazebo on the beach makes a magical setting for a wedding or a private moonlit dinner.
While children of all ages are welcome at the Banyan Tree, special attention should be given to the strong waves and currents of Anse Intendance (seasonal). A child aged 3 – 16 years sharing a villa with his/her parents pays £55 per night.
Get in touch to find out about 'free-night' offers.
Receive honeymoon gifts with additional complimentary private BBQ at your villa (5 night minimum stay).
Valid year round, excluding Christmas peak season.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours