With 19 world-class national parks, Zambia offers seemingly endless opportunities for the safari enthusiast, and is a destination that works for both first timers and seasoned safari goers .
Its wildlife walking safaris are some of the best in Africa and appeal to those who want to explore the bush close up and learn to track and recognise the smaller species as well as the Big Five.
Zambia also offers canoe safaris in the Lower Zambezi.
- Visit the majestic Victoiria Falls from Zambia
- Embark on thrilling game drives in the Sabi Sand Reserve
- Search for Africa's big cats and the big five with wildlife guides
- Reach the top of Table Mountain and meet the penguins of Boulder Beach
Zambia is the perfect destination for both those new to safari, who want to experience a raw authentic wilderness, and enthusiasts who cannot resist the thrill of game viewing across a beautiful African landscape. This 10 day itinerary takes you to two incredible and charming resorts in wonderful destinations along the powerful Zambezi River. After your international flights, you will be transfer...
The Lower Zambezi opens from approximately June to October, there are a few camps which stay open late into the green season, should you wish to enjoy this emerald jewel which comes to life with much few visitors, many young wildlife and afternoon thunderstorms. Elephants often come up to the camps to enjoy the fruits from the trees, lodges are on the banks of the Zambezi River with excellent ...
- Be at one with nature on some of the best walking safaris
- Enjoy accommodation that is really authentic and close to the wildlife
- Guides in Zambia are some of the best in Africa especially when walking
- South Luangwa has some of the best sightings of the Big Cats
Walking in the South Luangwa is the best reason to come to Zambia, and no-one does it better than the Coppinger's Remote Africa team and their Chikoko Trails. If wide open spaces and the luxury of being the only people for miles is your idea of romance, this could be a perfect fit. Itinerary A seven-night trip begins with 3 nights at Tafika Camp. You then immerse yourself in the sights, scents and...
- Discover more of South Luangwa on this itinerary - Mfuwe Lodge, Chamilandu, Chindeni, Bilimungwe and Kapamba
- Amazing wildlife viewing in the game rich South Luangwa
- Enjoy game viewing from a different angle on this walking safari
- Discover the smaller things on foot
The three highlights of Zimbabwe have to be the spectacular Victoria Falls, the mighty Zambezi River and excellent Big-Five game-viewing opportunities in the famous Hwange National Park. This trip brings together all three - it includes an adventurous, fully serviced, canoe safari in the Lower Zambezi National Park on the Zambezi River, game drives and walks in Hwange and a stay at Elephant Camp,...
- Superb wildlife viewing in the South Luangwa Valley
- Stunning accommodation in the heart of Livingstone
- Discover the world of the walking safari in South Luangwa with expert guides
- Sleep out under the stars listening to the sounds of the bush
- The mobile camp is fully set up and ready for your arrival when you are walking between camps
This is a wonderful combination of a safari in Zambia's adventurous South Luangwa National Park topped off with the laid-back charm of Nkwichi, set beside the clear blue waters of Mozambique's Lake Niassa. This is definitely a honeymoon for those who love to do something very different. Stay at Kapani Lodge, where you get right up close to the African bush. There are two game activities each day ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours