- Discover the world of the walking safari in South Luangwa with expert guides
- Sleep out under the stars listening to the sounds of the bush
- The mobile camp is fully set up and ready for your arrival when you are walking between camps
- Accommodation Throughout
- Travel Guide
Join one of the Robin Pope Safaris’ innovative mobile walking safaris in the Luangwa Valley, a speciality of the country and one of the best safari experiences. For over three decades, Robin Pope has aimed to give their guests an amazing African experience, achieved with the mobile walking safari. It’s an incredible opportunity to explore and immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and smells of the African wilderness. Outside the confines of a safari vehicle, all your senses become alert and heightened to every sound and movement around you.
This two week itinerary is a wonderful way to honour and appreciate this special safari expedition with the generous offer to extend the mobile walking safari to seven nights instead of the usual five and the addition of a magical night out under the stars.
Enjoy up close encounters with the flora and fauna of the Luangwa Valley, Africa’s best kept secret. Found at the end of the Great Rift Valley, the 9,000 sq km of land is an unspoilt wildlife sanctuary supported by a vital river system, lush vegetation and fertile soils. This tropical and beautiful land is home to a plethora of big game, including elephant, buffalo, giraffe, kudu and antelope, as well as the ferocious predators of lion, leopard, hyena and wild dog.
Your intrepid adventures will be led by one of Robin Pope’s incredibly experienced guides, their passion infectious and their knowledge fascinating. Your expert guide will point out the surrounding wildlife and birdlife, teaching you to sharpen your senses and refine your tracking skills to spot the clues left by the animals around the bush. During your adventures you will be staying in a selection of both permanent and mobile camps, all of them intimate and comfortable. Overlooking the majestic Luangwa River and the tempting South Luangwa National Park, Nkwali camp is the perfect place to start your safari.
As you will be spending most days discovering the bush on foot, Robin Pope has recommended you should be able to run 50 metres. This is a suggested fitness level as you will be walking 10km over a four hour period each day on varied ground.
Day 1 London – Zambia
Day 2 Mfuwe International Airport – Luangwa Valley
Day 3 After an early wake up call and bre...
Day 4 Wake at sunrise for your morning wa...
Day 5 Another early morning to ensure you...
Day 6 This morning your camp will move lo...
Day 8 Depending on the movements of the g...
Day 10 After an early breakfast you will b...
Day 11 During your last day in the awe-ins...
Day 12 Luangwa Valley – Mfuwe International Airport
Day 13 Zambia – London
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours