Robin Pope Safaris runs Mobile Walking Safaris from May to October. A typical 10-night trip begins with 2 nights in their comfortable base camp, Nkwali.
The next 5 nights are ‘mobile’: while you plot a slow and adventurous path through the bush, camp is moved to the next site. Expect comfortable walk-in tents, with bucket showers and long-drop loos.
The last 3 nights are at Tena Tena, an isolated, seasonal tented camp on the banks of the Luangwa River.
The nearby Buca Buca lagoon attracts a never-ending stream of game.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Discover the world of the walking safari in South Luangwa with expert guides
- Sleep out under the stars listening to the sounds of the bush
- The mobile camp is fully set up and ready for your arrival when you are walking between camps
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours