A trip to the San Blas islands is an opportunity not to be missed. Small islands of paradise with pure white sand beaches and crystal clear waters, great for swimming or snorkelling. The autonomous Kunas living on the San Blas islands are considered one of the most highly organised indigenous groups in Latin America.
Kuna Indians have their own language and the women wear gold nose rings and brightly coloured ‘molas’, a decorative hand-sewn appliqué on the front of their blouses. They also have a long threads of beautifully patterned beads wrapped around their fore-arms and from their knees to their ankles. If you are looking for something culturally fascinating as well as some fantastic beaches, visit the islands of San Blas.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours