Best Time To Visit
When to go
The best time to visit is in the dry season between December and May, although it can be very hot during this time. Hurricanes are most likely in September and October and we do not recommend travelling to this region at this time.
For Panama City, Iberia flies from Madrid to Panama City non-stop and KLM flies from Amsterdam to Panama City non-stop, or go via the US.
GMT -5 hours
British passport holders do not require visas to enter Panama, although if you fly via the US, the ESTA will be compulsory.
There are no compulsory vaccinations required to enter Panama. Always consult your doctor at least six weeks before travel and refer to this useful NHS website for details of recommended vaccinations for your destination.
Things To Do
- Enjoy a drink or two in San Juan del Sur
- Marvel at the engineering of the Panama Canal
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of the San Blas Islands
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours