- Independent travel on the open roads of Namibia
- Superb game viewing in Etosha
- Climb the living dunes in Sossusvlei
- Scour the Skeleton Coast for Shipwrecks
- Look out for the fascinating desert adapted elephant in Damaraland
- Accommodation Throughout
- Car Hire
A self-drive, roof-top camping trip is an excellent way for the independent-minded traveller to experience Namibia. Enjoy the open road and breathtakingly beautiful landscapes at very affordable prices, even in the high season between June and November. By day travel along established but sparsely populated routes. At night stop off at well-located campsites, pop up the roof-tent, climb aboard and snuggle down for a good night's sleep in a cosy sleeping bag.
Everything you need for a self-sufficient trip is provided - fridge, cool-box, grill set, gas cooker, cooking equipment, folding chairs and table, mattress, sleeping bag, sheets and pillow. You are met at Windhoek airport and shown the ropes, before taking control of your Toyota 4WD, safe in the knowledge that there is a spare wheel and a 24-hour emergency number.
Climb Big Daddy at Sossusvlei, see the game-rich pans at Etosha and help care for the rescued big-cats at Okonjima. We carefully plan your self-drive itinerary with you so that you see as many of the best sights as you can, ensuring there is time to relax and take in the views, or try out some adventure activities like sand boarding, deep-sea fishing and quad-biking.
Campsites in Etosha are attached to the newly up-graded Government rest camps, where well-priced restaurants are available, if you feel like a night off from cooking. In rural areas community-run campsites are more basic but have essential facilities. For extra comfort and a guaranteed hot shower, include a night or two along the way in a guesthouse.
Self-drive roof-top camping is a great holiday choice for couples, a group of four, or families choose between a single cab with a tent for two and a double cab with two separate, two-person tents.
Day 1 Early evening overnight flight from...
Day 2 Windhoek
Day 3 Sossusvlei
Day 5 Swakopmund
Day 8 Damaraland
Day 10 Etosha
Day 13 Okonjima
Day 14 Windhoek
Pricing Information & Dates
15th Dec 2023
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours