This is a holiday destination that's all about the incredible landscapes and so a self-drive Namibia honeymoon is perfect for couples who love to be on the move with breathtaking backdrops. Throughout the country there are attractive, characterful lodges, as well as some good quality rest camps in the national parks. Some Namibian lodges have swimming pools which are perfect for a refreshing dip after a game drive. Alternatively, if time is tight, you can both choose to fly between camps by light aircraft and enjoy the topographical vistas from the plane.
Whether you self-drive or fly, most Namibia honeymoons include some time in Etosha National Park or the private reserves that surround it, where the game viewing is excellent. Big herds of animals gather around the waterholes to drink at dawn and at dusk, with many lodges set beside waterholes making it easy to spot game without moving from your armchair! Seeking out the ancient Bushman rock art and rhino tracking in the dry deserts of Damaraland are both favourite stops on a Namibia honeymoon itinerary, as are the windswept beaches of the Skeleton Coast.
Don't miss out the south of the country... there's nothing more romantic than watching the sunrise over the magnificent ancient red dunes at Sossusvlei, and if the budget allows, book a dawn balloon trip – you could add this to your Honeymiles wish list, our free wedding gift list service.
A well-planned itinerary can ensure your Namibia honeymoon itinerary gives you both time to relax and also see all the top sights. Call us on 020 7666 1250 or enquire today and let us start planning your honeymoon.
- Spend time in some of the most remote camps in Namibia
- Discover the fascinating wildlife at Hoanib
- Sip sun downers on the river banks at Serra Camfema
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours