Located in the Caribbean Sea closer to Nicaragua than Colombia, the wonderfully remote island of Providencia is home to stunning scenery, gorgeous beaches, laid back locals and a fantastic underwater world. Reached from the Colombian mainland by plane, with a short touchdown on the neighbouring island of San Andres, Providencia may feel a million miles away from Colombia. English Creole is spoken all over the island, road signs have old English names and with little cultural invasion; local traditions and customs are still prevalent. With a population of around just 5000; bicycles and golf carts are more of a means of transport than cars. Both islands of Providencia and San Andres have been declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve offering world class diving with pristine reefs. Visitors to the island can choose to hike its verdant mountains, cycle its coastal paths, snorkel its crystal clear waters or to simply unwind on its beaches.
Located in the Caribbean Sea off the coast of Nicaragua lies the beautiful Colombian island of Providencia.Surrounded by sparkling turquoise waters you can escape to this small slice of paradise encompassing deserted beaches, uninhabited cayes and stunning panoramas.Deep Blue is a small, luxury resort with just 12 stylishly simple and elegant rooms all featuring a private balcony with fantastic v...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours