A magical slice of Colombia’s Caribbean coastline can be found in the Tayrona National Park. Home to stunning stretches of gold sandy beaches, backed by thick rainforest and coconut palms; the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta is the backdrop here – the world’s highest coastal mountain range. Visitors to the park can experience great hiking opportunities, wildlife spotting or choose to simply unwind on its beaches. Numerous paths and trials link the many wild beaches and bays along the coast, although not all bays are safe to swim there are several swimming locations ideal to seek respite from the tropical climes.
Our favourite place to stay in the Tayrona National Park is the Eco Habs. These rustic cabins are constructed using natural materials in the style of the houses inhabited by the local indigenous tribe, the Tayrona. Perched on the forest-clad hills, the Eco Habs have magnificent views over the Caribbean coast and are linked by wooden walkways. All cabins have balconies and hammocks, as well as priv...
Visit the Playa Koralia to escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life and immerse yourself into the tranquil, relaxing and natural surroundings of the Tayrona National Park Located an hour from Santa Marta airport, Playa Koralia is an ideal point from which to visit national park and surrounding Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta- a bird lover’s paradise! Playa Koralia offers standard rooms and sui...
- Visit frozen-in-time Villa de Leyva
- Bogotá: where cosmopolitan meets colonial
- Stunning landscapes of the Coffee Region
- Social Transformation of Medellin City
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours