Colombia is at last enjoying a revival as an exciting, safe and unspoilt holiday destination, which is much deserved. Spectacular snow-capped mountains, lush forests, exquisitely preserved colonial cities and pristine sand beaches, make a Colombia honeymoon the hot choice for any couple who have a true yearning for something a little more adventurous. Colombia honeymoons not only offer a huge variety of experiences but visitors are also struck by the warmth and passion of the people, who love to share their culture and history.
Bogota is cool, cosmopolitan and as easy to explore as European cities, with boutique shopping to match. We love its Latin atmosphere - don't miss the hidden markets and cafés of La Candelaria. Historic Cartagena is a real gem and undoubtedly the highlight of any Colombia honeymoon. The culture of music and dance is everywhere and you only need to venture just outside the beautifully restored walled city to join the locals dancing the night away at packed salsa bars.
Beyond the cities, stepping off the beaten track brings massive rewards. A more unusual highlight is spending the day riding horses to the pre-Columbian ruins at the San Agustín UNESCO World Heritage Site; nearby you can stay on organic coffee farms and bathe in waterfalls. And where better to reflect on all the excitement of your Colombia honeymoon than lazing in a hammock on the beautiful Caribbean beaches of the Tayrona National Park – pure bliss.
For first-hand advice on our Colombia honeymoons, ring our experienced South America travel team on 020 7666 1260 or get in touch by email to start planning your trip.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours