- Stunningly beautiful equatorial African rainforests
- Tracking Lowland gorillas with expert guides
- Seek out Bongo, Forest elephants, Forest buffalo and other rainforest inhabitants
- Abundant birdlife
- First class hospitality in remote, secluded camps
- Accommodation Throughout
- Travel Guide
For travellers looking for an exclusive, truly memorable, once-in-a-lifetime Africa experience, Republic of Congo's Odzala-Kokoua National Park presents an extraordinary allure.
This trip has been rated by Wanderlust Magazine as one of the best tours of the world, as it entails light adventure in one of our planet's greatest rainforest areas. The park falls into the second largest expanse of tropical rainforest left on the globe, and, as you might expect, this presents a veritable Garden of Eden for nature and wildlife enthusiasts.
Famously, it is home to the Western lowland gorilla, the most plentiful of the remaining species and subspecies of these magnificent great apes.
With this sample itinerary, guests spend seven nights in /around Odzala and stay at three different lodges.
Each of the lodges has been built from locally-sourced materials and creatively designed to blend with the surroundings. Each camp has only a small carrying capacity, so visitors are able to enjoy a feel of exclusivity and intimacy with the surrounding nature.
In the rainforests of Odzala-Kokua National Park, three habituated groups of Western lowland gorilla reside; two of these can be visited by tourists. Searching for these great apes during a rainforest hike is one of many highlight of any Republic of Congo holidays. But visiting the Lowland gorillas is only one facet of the Congo experience.The national park has another 11 species of primate, as well as Forest elephant, Forest buffalo, Bongo antelope; Giant forest hog and a myriad of beautiful birds.Keen twitchers will be thrilled by the 430 bird species recorded from the area, including specials such as White-crested Tiger-heron, Congo Serpent-eagle, Vermiculated Fishing-Owl and Forest Swallow and Black-and-White Casqued Hornbill.
Day 1 Fly to Brazzaville
Day 2 Brazzaville - Odzala-Kokoua National Park (charter
Day 3 Friday: Odzala-Kokoua National Park, Ngaga Camp
Day 4 Saturday: Odzala-Kokoua National Park, Ngaga Camp
Day 5 Sunday: Ngaga Camp - Mboko Camp
Day 6 Monday: Mboko Camp - Lango Camp
Day 7 Tuesday: Lango Camp
Day 8 Wednesday: Lango Camp - Mboko Camp
Day 9 Thursday: Mboko Camp - Brazzaville and departure
Day 10 Arrival in London (or selected other UK airports)
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours