Larger than the other two camps, Mboko Camp has 12 bungalows/cabins at the Lekoli River bank in Odzala-Kokoua National Park.
In this area, habitats range from grassland to tropical rainforest and lighter woodland, so wildlife is diverse.
During the circuit detailed on our Congo Explorer itinerary, guests will have two stays here: first, a night between staying at Ngaga and Lango Camps, and then at the end of the cicrcuit, before catching the charter flight back to Brazzaville.
The cabins - 10 of which are doubles and two of which are for families - are spaced sufficiently far apart to afford a feeling of privacy.
Meals are very good (March 2017 update). Each cabin has a deck with chairs. As is the case with the other two camps, Mboko has been constructed using natural materials. Activities on offer include game drives, boat trips and river/swamp walks. There is also opportunity to meet local communities living in the area.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Stunningly beautiful equatorial African rainforests
- Tracking Lowland gorillas with expert guides
- Seek out Bongo, Forest elephants, Forest buffalo and other rainforest inhabitants
- Abundant birdlife
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours