Nairobi's International Airport (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport), is the entry point for most visitors coming to Kenya, and consequently, most travellers spend a little time in the Kenyan capital.
There is a good choice of accommodation here including country-house style hotels in Karen and some upscale boutique hotels. There are many activities to pass the time - at the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage you can admire the young ellies, the rehabilitation programme and learn about optimism for the future. The Giraffe Centre has been critical to the continued survival of the endangered Rothschild's giraffe and the Karen Blixen Museum is evocative of colonial Kenya and the past explorers.
- Wildlife galore in Naboisho Conservancy
- Watch the famed Wildebeest migration (in season)
- Explore the heritage of Stone Town
- Rest & relaxation time at the Zanzibar coast
- Explore one of the world's great wildlife-viewing locations
- Chance to seek the Big 5 on safari
- Superb accommodation and hospitality
- Luxuriating in style at the beach in Mauritius
- Exclusive itinerary to Rainbow Tours
- Wildlife rich areas
- Small boutique camps
- Fly betweeen parks - maximising time on safari
- Golden hour with the incredible Mountain Gorillas
- Spotting the Big 5 and an abundance of other wildlife in the renowned Masai Mara
- Sublime relaxation at the beach in Zanzibar
- Luxurious Accommodation
- Safari without the crowds
- 3 magnificent areas of Kenya
- Unique experiences
- Quintessential East African safari in Kenya with abundant game
- Soaking up the tropical sunshine in the sublime Seychelles
- Top notch accommodation, great food and first class hospitality
What more romantic way to start your honeymoon than on safari in the open plains of the Masai Mara, where you stay in an enchanting tented camp, Kicheche Bush Camp. Then head off to Mauritius for some beach time at a small boutique hotel in Mauritius, Hotel 20°Sud. Perfect!...
Giraffe Manor near Nairobi, one of the most amazing hotels in Kenya, is situated just 45 minutes from Nairobi airport on 12 acres of private land on a 140-acre indigenous forest. Rooms at Giraffe Manor Dating back from the 1930’s this iconic building has 10 rooms, each personally and tastefully decorated; three doubles Betty, Lynn and Arlene; four double twins; Daisy, Jack Marlon and Helen; a twin...
- Two Iconic wildlife areas in Kenya
- First Class accommodation
- Safari and beach stay without the crowds
House of Waine is an elegant boutique hotel in Nairobi.The tranquil, residential location, high standards of service, fine food and modern African design combine to make House of Waine a relaxing place to stop and unwind before or after a safari. LocationHouse of Waine is set in 2½ acres in the tranquil suburb of Karen/Langata at the foot of the Ngong Hills. It is about 40 minutes from the ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours