Olerai House was the home of Oria and Iain Douglas-Hamilton, where they wrote their ground-breaking book -Among the Elephant and was opened to guests to fund their campaign to save the elephant. The quality of the hospitality and the wonderful meals reflect Oria’s Italian heritage. The five en suite rooms are furnished with flair and generously equipped. Walks to the lake or in the hills, birding and gondola trips are among the many activities.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours