Probably the best-known safari destination in the world, the Masai Mara and its surrounding ecosystem is home to the big cats and the spectacular annual wildebeest migration. Camps here are small – sometimes only a dozen tents – and game drives are thrilling experiences, with plenty of game year-round. A classic tented safari camp, with its Maasai guards, authentic paraffin lamps and traditional camp fire, combine to create a wonderfully intimate atmosphere, making a Kenya honeymoon a top choice for romance.
With a total of 48 national parks, a Kenya honeymoon can include a safari in one of the world famous reserves or go off-the-beaten-track to wilder, less-visited reserves like Laikipi and Lewa, Meru, Samburu and Shaba. In truth it's hard to choose between the many outstanding wildlife experiences Kenya can offer. Honeymoons in Kenya are usually special affairs with complimentary extras included such as wine at dinner, a private vehicle for a day and allocation of a superior tent reserved for special celebrations.
Much of Kenya's Indian Ocean coast is sheltered by coral reefs, and its wide sandy beaches mean that a honeymoon in Kenya can offer the classic beach and safari combination with minimum travel between centres. There are a number of stylish boutique beach hotels to the north and south of Mombassa, many with excellent facilities including swimming pools, non-motorised water sports, tennis courts and spa treatments. To the north, Lamu Island gives a fascinating insight into the trading history of this coast, stretching back to the 9th century.
Alternatively, the good regional flight networks mean that Kenya honeymoons can easy twin a safari with a beach break in Zanzibar, the Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique and even Madagascar.
- Seek wildlife in the great Masai Mara
- Day and night drives, bush walks and bush breakfasts included
- Romantic stay in a former Zanzibari palace
- stay on the white sandy beaches of Zanzibar
- Exclusive itinerary to Rainbow Tours
- Wildlife rich areas
- Small boutique camps
- Fly betweeen parks - maximising time on safari
- Big five game viewing in the Masai Mara
- Quintessential African savannah and bush scenery
- Sublime beaches and warm Indian Ocean waters of the Seychelles
- Superb accommodation and hospitality
- Luxurious Accommodation
- Safari without the crowds
- 3 magnificent areas of Kenya
- Unique experiences
- Quintessential East African safari in Kenya with abundant game
- Soaking up the tropical sunshine in the sublime Seychelles
- Top notch accommodation, great food and first class hospitality
What more romantic way to start your honeymoon than on safari in the open plains of the Masai Mara, where you stay in an enchanting tented camp, Kicheche Bush Camp. Then head off to Mauritius for some beach time at a small boutique hotel in Mauritius, Hotel 20°Sud. Perfect!...
- Two Iconic wildlife areas in Kenya
- First Class accommodation
- Safari and beach stay without the crowds
Go on safari in the sweeping plains of the Masai Mara, staying in romantic, luxury tented accommodation where you dine under the stars. Enjoy a catalogue of thrilling wildlife sightings in one of the world's greatest wildlife hotspots. Then head off to the secluded beaches of northern Mozambique where you can do as little or as much as you please. If the fancy takes you, explore the historic Ilha ...
- Peak migration season
- Qualified guides
- 4x4 vehicles on safari
- Game walks & night drives
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours