Kenya has long been a top family safari destination with its game-rich national parks and warm Indian Ocean coastline, characterised by wide sandy beaches. The Masai Mara is a top pick for a family-friendly safari and it’s well worth travelling off-the-beaten-track to national parks such as Laikipia, where there are a host of exciting outdoor activities like camel trekking, sleep-outs, mountain biking and river tubing. A safari and beach combination in Kenya is a real family holiday winner.
- Engaging and educational activities for the children
- Big five game viewing in the magnificent Masai Mara
- Down time in Watamu on the Kenyan Coast
- Enjoy a variety of water sports on the coast
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours