Lake Atitlan truly is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, overlooked by three volcanoes and for many, one of the most evocative reminders of their holiday to Central America. A number of villages can be found on the shoreline and here you will see the Mayan culture and dress which has continued for centuries. Lake Atitlan is within easy reach of both Antigua and Guatemala City, and nearby, in a country of markets, you'll find the bustling colourful market of Chichicastenango. This is the largest market in Guatemala that takes place on Thursdays and Sundays with produce and textiles brought by local farmers and artisans from miles around.
- Colonial Antigua
- Enigmatic Tikal Mayan ruins
- Crystal clear waters of the Caribbean
- Stunning Lake Atitilan
Casa Palopo is a delightful property with seven rooms and a two-bedroom villa terraced into the hillside, with fabulous panoramic views over Lake Atitlan. The house has strikingly decorated interiors with smart contemporary furnishings and Mayan art. The villa, located higher up the hill than the main building, has its own pool, making this the ultimate private retreat for those seeking seclusion....
Close to the town of Panajachel on the shores of Lake Atitlan, this rustic style property offers extensive gardens and beautiful panoramic views of Lake Atitlan and the surrounding volcanoes. Having been a coffee plantation in its former life, much of its decor is Spanish colonial hacienda style which was favoured by the plantation owners of the 18th century. Its 60 rooms, all with private bathroo...
Posada de Santiago is a traditional and rustic hotel situated by the shore of Lake Atitlan just outside Santiago Atitlan. With a friendly and warm feeling, this hotel offers different types of cottages. The 6 standard separate stone cottages are en-suites and have a lovely fireplace. The Posada de Santiago is home to a restaurant which is an absolute treat and serves extremely delicious Guatemalan...
- Panama City & the Canal
- Charming Antigua
- Imposing Arenal Volcano
- Spectacular Lake Atitlán
- Colonial Antigua
- Volcanoes & Traditional Villages
- Stunning Lake Atitlan
- Wildlife & Waterways in Rio Dulce
Hotel Bambu is ideally situated by Lake Atitlan and beautifully surrounded by volcanoes and gardens. Hotel Bambu has been designed and constructed in the style of the Tz’utujil Indians using similar materials to mirror the buildings of the area. During your stay at Bambu, you can relax on the private beach, by the pier, in the sauna and swim in the pool and lake. You can also dine at the res...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours