Buenos Aires is a glamorous mix of traditional and Art Deco elegance and cutting edge urban chic.
Known also as the Paris of the South, it boasts wide boulevards, leafy parks and classic elegant architecture as well as fine cuisine and shopping. Buenos Aires is one of the most cosmopolitan of all Latin American cities where European influences abound.
In the last few years many new boutique and design hotels have opened, so you're spoiled for choice when it comes to accommodation in the capital.
Recoleta & La Boca
Recoleta is the traditional heart of the city where the classic style hotels such as the Alvear Palace are to be found and it has always been considered the very best address in the city. On a Buenos Aires holiday you can also discover the wonderful Sunday market of San Telmo and the colourful district of La Boca, home to many of the best known tango bars and milongas. We can even arrange private tango lessons if you would like to learn to dance like the locals!
The regeneration of some parts of the city in recent years has added a contemporary feel. The marina development of Puerto Madero is a great place to find chic designer hotels and wonderful restaurants. Palermo Soho has also become an enclave of local designer boutiques, trendy cafes and some fine eating establishments, perfect for dining out on balmy summer evenings.
Uruguay day trips
Take a day trip to Uruguay across the Rio Plata or drive out to estancias in the Pampas, just a couple of hours away, if you want to escape the city for a short while.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours