Cordoba, Argentina's second largest city, lies just over an hour’s flight west of Buenos Aires.
A university city and seldom frequented by foreign tourists; the city is a gateway to some of the best estancias in the country. The historic centre of Cordoba itself has many fine well-preserved buildings from the colonial period and just north of the city is the 'Road of the Jesuit Estancias', which are now listed historic monuments dating back to the 17th century.
Surrounded by beautiful mountain landscapes and fertile valleys of the Sierras de Cordoba, the region is famous for cattle-ranching and production of the country's world famous beef.
Just a short drive from the city are several traditional estancias, working cattle ranches and grand country estates offering riding, walking, cattle round-ups and even polo.
Estancias & Gauchos
Estancias and ranch life are the backbone of Argentinean culture and history. In most areas of the country you can find ranches, rearing top-quality beef using traditional methods. In the Cordoba region there are many excellent estancias, where horse riding is a major activity, and you can ride with the gauchos on the ranch, learning more about their daily life. Those who don’t ride will find that there are plenty of other fun activities to keep them busy -fishing, hiking and white water rafting are all available.
Enjoy outdoor life in northern Patagonia by spending a few days at Huechahue, a working estancia just 30 minutes from San Martin de los Andes and within easy access of Bariloche. Accommodation is very comfortable, comprising of ten double or twin rooms.The dining hall features a huge sunken indoor barbecue, on which huge joints of local beef are cooked to perfection - no matter your steak preferen...
A beautiful reserve in the Sierra Chicas near to Cordoba, Los Potreros estancia dates from 1574 and today is an organic working cattle farm breeding Aberdeen Angus cattle and Peruvian Pasano horses.Owned by the same Anglo-Argentine family for four generations, accommodation on the farm is simple yet comfortable, and all rooms have private facilities. For those who love riding and want to get out a...
Estancia el Colibri is a family owned ranch located 70 kilometres from Cordoba. As a member of the Relais & Chateaux group of hotels, El Colibri is a great choice for those looking for the comforts of luxury accommodation in a traditional style and gourmet cuisine. The ranch consists of 9 stylishly decorated rooms; 3 Suites, 4 Junior Suites and 2 Deluxe Rooms. The suites have a large living room a...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours