Enjoy outdoor life in northern Patagonia by spending a few days at Huechahue, a working estancia just 30 minutes from San Martin de los Andes and within easy access of Bariloche.
Accommodation is very comfortable, comprising of ten double or twin rooms.The dining hall features a huge sunken indoor barbecue, on which huge joints of local beef are cooked to perfection - no matter your steak preference. After a day's ride or hike, relax weary muscles in the sauna and hot tub under the stars.
Riders of all levels, from beginners through to the more experienced are catered for with a wide selection of 30 beautiful horses and a professional team of gauchos. Whilst living your life as a gaucho, there's plenty more to do, other activities include fishing, rafting, walking, swimming or working with the gauchos, all in the surrounds of the beautiful Andean foothills. Hikes of varying levels of difficulty can be tailored to each group.
Huechahue is in an area with exceptionally high numbers of bird species as it’s on the cusp of three different eco-systems. All the summer birds come in September and leave in March, so keen birdwatchers should visit during these months.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours