As a strong supporter of responsible tourism, Rainbow Tours has compiled some of preferred partners to show case a small portion of the industry that is dedicating time, resource and funding to everything, conservation, environment and people focussed locally.
- Botswana is one of the well known conservation success stories, with almost a fifth of the land covered by wildlife reserves, meaning it has one of the largest areas of remaining wildernesses in Africa.
- Conservation bodies in Botswana understand that in order for the wildlife and environment to thrive, numbers of people and their carbon footprint need to be limited. So lodge sizes and safari operator sizes are limited and they are under very strict regulations with regard to recycling, grey water, waste disposal, down to the materials used to build lodges and electricity being used on a day to day basis.
- Conservation though, is not just the conservation of the animals and the environment, but also the people. Botswana strongly believes that the preservation of its wilderness is going to be very closely dependent on the local people being able to generate sustainable income.
At Rainbow Tours, we are strong advocates for this responsible tourism and we try to support as many initiates as we possibly can to help make a difference. In this section will be a collection of Lodges, safari operators and initiates that work hard to ensure that our holidays are responsible (they are in no particular order). Please feel free to contact our team of Africa specialists for any additional information.
&Beyond lodges and safaris - &Beyond Sandibe Safari Lodge ; &Beyond Nxabega Safari Lodge ; &Beyond Xudum Lodge ; &Beyond Xaranna
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours