Xakanaxa Camp is a long standing gem situated on the edge of the Xakanaxa Lagoon and in the heart of the game rich Moremi Game Reserve.
Set on raised platforms and constructed of local timber, reed and thatch, the main area includes an open lounge with a small, comprehensive library, dining room, expansive sundeck, plunge pool, sala with day bed and a fire-deck set under giant Jackalberry trees for evening stories under the stars.
Operating on generator power during the day and with all night lighting supplied by gas and paraffin lanterns, there is a lovely ambience in this camp.
There are only twelve spacious tented suites with private decks and en-suite facilities including, a shower, hand basin and toilet. Four of these tents can be separated off for private use, Pandani’s will then offer a private lounge, dining room and kitchen with private vehicle giving you the option of flexible activities.
The advantage of this particular camp is that you can enjoy the best of both worlds; year round boating trips and extensive 4x4 drives in the outstanding game country of the Moremi Reserve, giving you an excellent opportunity for Big 5 game viewing and a chance to explore the remarkable waterways of the Okavango Delta.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours