Kwando Kwara Camp is nestled on a forested island in a private concession in the northern Okavango Delta and bordering the Moremi Game Reserve, overlooking a vast floodplain.
The Kwara concession encompasses a wide range of habitats containing a variety of wildlife including lechwe, sitatunga, sable, hippo, elephant, buffalo, zebra and giraffe. Predators include lion, hyena, wild dog, leopard and cheetah.
This region offers contrasting experiences, with permanent waterways and expansive dry land areas which are renowned for their quality game viewing.
Kwando Kwara Camp comprises eight traditional styled tents, accommodating a maximum of 16 guests. Each rustic tent features private en-suite facilities including hot and cold running water, flush toilets and views of the lagoon and private deck.
Children are welcome here and arrangements can be made for them to have their own specialist guide.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Wild Dog Viewings
- Land and Water Activities
- Linyanti Rich in Predator Viewings
- Victoria Falls
A camp where activities are available year round and include game drives with a guide and tracker team, guided walks, fishing trips, river cruises and mokoro excursions. Boat cruises to Godikwe lagoon, where thousands of herons and storks come to nest in the spring, are a highlight. Game drives accommodate up to a maximum of six guests per safari vehicle.
As Kwando Kwara Camp is within a private concession, off road game and night game drives are also offered however the emphasis is definitely geared towards water activities. Game drives ope up the possibility of predator sightings such as leopard, lion, wild dog and hyena. Hippos are often seen wallowing in the lagoon infront of the main deck. During the 'Green Season' which is November - March many mammals give birth to their young and migratory birds arrive in their thousands.
All camp activities are subject to operating depending on weather conditions. The best season to visit is May to September.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours