Situated on the eastern side of a sweeping bend of the Boteti River, Leroo La Tau is just outside the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park.
For many years, the Boteti River was dry, dotted with man-made waterholes, but it flowed again, the first time in many years in 2008, utterly changing the look of the area.
The camp itself has twelve chalets, situated along the river and overlooking the national park, and a main area which has a glass wall, a swimming pool and a small hide overlooking the Boteti River. Above the main area is a mezzanine level with a large picture window overlooking the river.
While here, your activities will focus on game drives and river boat trips, as the Boteti riverfront is a superb area for game. After twilight, the park is closed and activities will remain in the lodge’s own concession.
If you wish to venture further, then the lodge can offer day trips to Nxai Pan and also to visit Baines’ Baobabs. The game-viewing is particularly excellent in the dry season, from June to November, when the game concentrates around the river as the main source of water.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours