The camp is surrounded by the game-rich wetlands and the floodplains of the Kwando Reserve. ‘Lebala’ means wide-open spaces in Setswana, and this camp is known for its seemingly unending vistas.
The camp accommodates a maximum of 16 guests in eight secluded tents, all on raised teak decks. The tents were especially designed for the camp and each has a spacious bedroom, bathroom with Victorian-style claw-foott bathtub, double basin, outside shower with hot water on demand, and dressing area. Tasty meals are served in the open-sided, thatched roofed dinning room, and after dinner you can sit beside the campfire and sip coffee or a nightcap.
The contrasting habitats of Kwando Lebala Camp and Kwando Lagoon Camp, make for two different safari experiences, and you may well choose to visit both camps. Transfer between the two camps is by land on an early morning game drive.
Children are welcome from 8 years old; children 8 - 12 must have their own private family vehicle. Kwando Lebala Camp offers an exceptional opportunity for families to have their own specialist family guide, with an individually tailored programme and flexible meal times. We strongly recommend this option, as it adds enormously to the quality of the safari experience for all the family. The additional charge includes private vehicle, tracker and family safari guide.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
At Kwando Lebala there are often good sightings of elephant, hippo, lechwe, zebra, giraffe, impala, wildebeest, kudu, tsessebe, roan, sable and buffalo, with their ever-present predators; wild dog, lion, cheetah and hyena. Night-time safari drives can come across leopard, Selous Mongoose, small spotted genet and aardwolf. Nocturnal bird sightings include Natal and Pennant winged nightjars as well as a number of different owl species.
Activities include day and night game drives, game viewing from the camp’s hide, seasonal guided walks and guest orientations. Kwando’s decision to have a maximum of six guests per safari vehicle, coupled with their policy of having both a driver/guide and a tracker, mean that game-viewing at Kwando Lebala Camp is very special.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours