In the far north of Botswana, west of the Chobe National Park and north of the Okavango Delta, you will find the large unfenced, Linyanti, Selinda and Kwando Wildlife Reserves. The permanent water of the Kwando-Linyanti river system is a magnet for animals in the dry season, making this an exceptionally game-rich area. Cutting through the middle of the Linyanti is the legendary Savute Channel. Once a river, today it is an open, fertile grassy plain, home to numerous grazing animals and their predators. The camps in this area, Duma Tau, Savuti and Kings Pool, offer a good chance of following lion, wild dog and cheetah as they hunt.
Selinda Camp and Zarafa are perfectly situated for game drives across the Selinda Spillway, and one of the most interesting activities is a three-day walk between these two camps, overnighting in fly-camps.
Kwando Lebala and Kwando Lagoon provide a complete safari experience, with game drives across the game-rich Linyanti wetlands, and close-up observation of the huge herds of elephant and buffalo that congregate in the Kwando River.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours