On the Savute Channel is a small tented camp, Savute Camp, built by a waterhole in a remote wilderness area in northern Botswana.
The waterhole makes this a notable game-viewing location all year round. A special hide has been constructed where you can find yourself in breath-taking proximity to the animals as they drink. And for the really adventurous there is a tree-top ‘sleep-out’ where you can securely spend a memorable night under the stars.
Savute (also spelled Savuti) has five large walk-in tents, reminiscent of old-time safari camps. Each tent is on its own raised wooden deck, with a verandah shaded by a canvas roof. All have private facilities. Three of the tents have their bathrooms inside the tent; the other two are outside, in private attached areas, open to the African skies. The camp has a plunge pool for a refreshing dip and comfortable viewing deck, dining and bar areas.
The Linyanti area, and Savute Camp specifically, are well known for their excellent elephant viewing.
The nearby Savute Channel ran dry some time ago, leaving behind good soil and generous grazing, making this area attractive to plains game and their predators. You are likely to see impala, roan, sable, buffalo, waterhog, zebra, giraffe and wildebeest as well lion, from the infamous Savute pride, leopard and cheetah. Birdlife is also in abundance with around 300 different species found in the locality.
Children are welcome from the age of eight. For children between 8-12 years, game drives must be private and there may be an extra charge for this. For advice on family-friendly safari options, speak with our consultants.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours